Bercomac is a family business which excels in the manufacturing of accessories for tractors, from the smaller garden models to the larger agricultural types as well as for various recreational vehicles. We design, develop fabricate and distribute our products through these distinct networks:
- Through our authorized dealers as well as in big box stores throughout Canada and the United States under the “Berco” brand name.
- Through our distributors in certain Scandinavian countries who are offering our products to the northern portion of Europe also under the “Berco” brand.
- Through numerous prestigious brand names which we supply our products under an Original Equipment Manufacturer basis (known as OEM).
By our expertise, be the partner of choice by transforming chores into moments of pleasure.
Ensuring accessibility to our products which know no boundaries.
The Berco Experience
- We hope that your experience with the products as well as with the service offered will be a pleasant and satisfying one. Our goal: to make chores fun.
- Our continued growth is the proof of our determination to accomplish our mission but above all is a testimonial to our dedication to our clients.
- We invite you to try the Berco experience, and for those who have savored this pleasure, we thank you sincerely, because it is your confidence that allows us to grow.
The Bercomac history
Bercomac, our humble beginings…
Bertrand Vachon, one of the founders was always passionate about developing tools or equipment to facilitate chores for the end user.
M. Vachon who is free from his principal occupation, offers to his wife, Mrs. Louiselle Roy Vachon, his oldest daughter Mrs. Sylvie Vachon and her husband Mr. Alain Acteau, to join him to reactivate Bercomac Limitée’s activities.
That same year, Mr. Hazen Sherry, engineer and responsible for supplying accessories at AYP in the name of Sears Canada, who also is a long time relation to Mr. Vachon, calls to share with him the fact that he cannot obtain the snowblowers that he needs for the fall season because the supplier is closed down.
Mr. Vachon sat down at the drawing board, Mr. Acteau started building the gauges that were used for production, while the 2 spouses devoted themselves, one to supplying the production and the other to marketing activities.
The company continued in this way for 3 years, adding other products...
A new concept called ‘’Industrial Motel’’ allowing to rent premises in St. Méthode de Frontenac (now named Adstock). The choice was made on this small active and involved municipality. It is also well situated, close to most of the suppliers and sub-contractors.
Mrs. Roy Vachon steps down to take an active and well deserved retirement. She, therefore, gains the title of the company’s first retired person. Mr. Vachon who is also thinking about modifying his activities, passes on the responsibilities of General Manager to M. Alain Acteau. This way, he can devote himself to what he loves the most………developing new products!
The company builds close to 80% of its products for the winter season and tries to diversify by increasing the development of spring products. Among others, it developed the first log loaded specifically designed for ATVs, entirely made of aluminum.
Space becomes more and more restricted on the production floor, in storage warehouse and even in offices but there isn’t any possibility to expand on the actual premises...
In fact, operations started in the new premises on January 5, 2005. The building that served as a warehouse was moved and converted separately from the main building to install our Research and Development center.
The company concludes deals with Swedish and Norwegian distributors to assure the accessibility of the products for ATVs and UTVs in Scandinavia.
The natural evolution of the line of products lead the company towards the development of accessories for the Compact and Sub-compact tractor market.
Wanting to continue the development of spring products, the company adds 2 new products...
The order book constantly increases annually for the winter products, which is very positive for the company.